Week 1 Introduction


 Hello everyone! My name is Chris Walquist, and I am an Applied Business Management major. I am withing a few semesters of finishing my Bachelor's degree. It has been a journey to get to this point for me. I received an Associate's degree from the College of Southern Idaho back in 2008, and completed the PathwayConnect program in July of 2019 on my way here. Heavenly Father has definitely had His hand in my life guiding me to this point. We make Burley, Idaho our home and both my wife and I grew up in this area. 

I have been married to my wife Jessica for almost 21 years, and we have been blessed with 4 wonderful kids. Burke is 19 and is almost finished with his mission papers, Annie is 17 and a senior in high school and talented musician, and Alexis is 11 and in 6th grade and loves science and art. Our daughter Graycee was still born in 2008 and would have been 12 in June, and is our guardian angel.

My main hobby is disc golf. I spend a lot of time trying to recruit new players, and love to be out on the course whenever possible. It is a very relaxing sport that anyone can play and has very little cost to get into. I also love monster trucks and have been a fan since I was a kid. I have been lucky enough to get to work with a promoter from our area and get to be involved with some of the local shows behind the scenes. It is a blast to attend a show and is always very family friendly. 

I have always had an interest in geology. Where I live in Southern Idaho we have a lot of cool places to visit. The Snake River Canyon is absolutely awesome and we have Shoshone Falls that is actually higher than Niagra and is often called the Niagra Falls of the west. We also have the City of Rocks that can become a great day trip from where I live in Burley. There is so much to see here! One of my favorite classes at the College of Southern Idaho was Geology of Southern Idaho. Idaho is a very beautiful state with so much to see and mountains all around us. I am excited for a great semester and hope to get to know more of you as we journey through this class together!



Comments

  1. I love the mountains. Do you ever go hiking in them? If so do you have a favorite place?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2 GeoJournal Post

GeoJournal Week 3 - Volcanoes